The Spectacle at Disney's Hollywood Studios

The week before Thanksgiving, we traveled down to a favorite spot, Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.The folks at Disney had really gotten into the swing of decorating for Christmas. As a matter of fact, they were continually decorating the whole time we were there and had about decked everything out by the time we headed back home.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon. We had made plans to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios on Sunday night. We rode a few rides and when night time came, we walked around to the "Streets of America" to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. The lights were the main reason we had gone to the park that evening.

If you have ever had the opportunity to attend this awesome holiday event, you will know that there is a reason why it is called a spectacle. The lights do appear to be dancing and and it is truly nothing short of spectacular!

If you would like to read more about the lights and how the Osborne family's Christmas lights came about being at Walt Disney World, you can go to the following link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/osborne-family-spectacle-of-dancing-lights/.

This light extravaganza  makes even the oldest of us kids stand in pure wonder and amazement. We have seen this many times and, no matter how many times we see it, it is still totally awesome to behold. Things are changed around somewhat each year. For instance, there is a cat that winds up in a different place and people try to find where it is hiding.

I do not own a fancy camera, just a pretty old and simple little "point and shoot" type. I hope to get a better camera--someday, yes, someday. These photos do not show just how wonderful the lights are, but I hope you will be able to get an idea of just how grand everything is.
How would you like to live in this pretend "apartment" and come out and just sit on these steps with your family and be dazzled by the lights every night? Imagine being able to see the lights through your upstairs bedroom window, while dozing off in your bed and having the best dreams ever!







I love has the adorable little pooch, dressed in his little Santa coat, is scratching at the door. He wants to get inside and out of the cold!
Wish I still had my girl's red wagon, because it would be great to have one of these in my front yard.





The snow (man- made) is coming down here and I tried to get a picture of it.





That cat has climbed up this tree and is near the bottom, hiding from the crowd!
I love manger scenes. Isn't this nativity scene gorgeous with the lights of blue behind it? I certainly think so.

Did you enjoy your little stroll through the "Streets of America" with all the awesome lights? Oh, how I hope so! 

It is an awe-inspiring and wonderful thing. I am so glad that Walt Disney World is carrying on Mr. Osborne's tradition with the "Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!"

Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas season!











Comments

Burlap Luxe said…
Hi Lynn,
What à spectacular sight to behold. I have had the pleasure of seeing our parade of holiday lights at Disneyland Southern California and that is a sight to treasure.
I would love to make it to Disneyworld as my parents in ther younger years and some family members have. Not to many years ago my Brother and his wife made a trip to Disney world and stayed 3 days there...jealous!! :)

So enjoy seeing when bloggy friends do something they so enjoy ln bringing the child out of them, something we all need.
About that wagon, I too would adore a lit up wagon.
This gave me an idea to light up an old rusty garden wheel barrel and place a small lit up tree in the wheel barrel of mine.
I better get started on it.

NOW! Lynn,
You amaze me, and I am so blessed to have such dear followers who build you up with commenting on what creativeness we may share. Lynn, I had been sick this past good week with a terrible head and chest cold/cough, feeling a bit better I go to my mail box and in great surprise I see a package from you, I did not even remember giving you my address? I thought for a minute could this be a stress doll ?? NO, I said its toooo smooth of a package :)
When in the house I immediately opened it to find a treasured gift, one that will end up a 100 years from now at a vintage shop in a pile of vintage linens with someone wishing they had these exact monogrammed initials as mine!
With total shock, and awwwww-ness !!
I was so moved, and felt so loved to the point of tearfulness. How moved I was and how undeserving I felt of your time and thought that went into the stitching of this tea towel.
I will certainly treasure you have no Idea how much I adore your heart. Your grace and beauty far exceeds my worth, in any case I will except it whole heartetly and have already shared my love for it with friends and family, my daughter still living at home also said its a blessing to have such thoughtful blogging friends.

Thank you Lynn, for sharing your GRACE and BEAUTY with me! And everyone else your heart has touched.
I am so blessed that you thought of me.

Blessings to you and yours.
I will do something special in a post.

Thank you for adding the heart of red to my French cottage world.

Xoxo
Doré
Oh my goodness is this the most beautiful thing ever! I got the chills just looking at your photos and thinking the whole time how much my beans would be in complete awe of this! Thank you so much for sharing this...I know it is crazy but I had no idea that they even had a light show! I will be looking into this for the future because I would love see the beans just light up seeing this!!! All the best this week!!! Nicole
Lynn,
Amazing!! I believe that I actually saw this on TV, either HGTV or Discovery Channel. Thanks so much for always stopping by... I am finally catching my breath and getting caught up..
Hugs,
Deb
lynn cockrell said…
Dear Dore,

Thanks so very much for reading my post on the Osborne Family's Spectacle of Dancing Lights and am so glad you enjoyed it. You are right, when we completely lose the ability to see some things through the eyes of a child, then a lot of joy is lost, as well.

You know, I have a wheel barrow and I think your idea of decorating yours with lights is super! Since you are so creative, it figures that you would come up with something great. If you do decorate yours, I hope you will post about it. Who know, maybe I will get out there and put lights on a few things myself. I have some lights in the shape of big gift boxes that I have not used in several years. Wouldn't that look great in the wheel barrow?! Once again, you have inspired me and now I am thinking of other things that might be used.

I am so very happy that you like the simple monogrammed towel! I thought of you when I purchased the towel and with each little stitch along the way as I tried to make it uniquely yours. I am not the best at embroidery, but I hope to get better. It probably sounds crazy but, even at my age, I enjoy learning things and even giving some things I have tried before another go round. My father was like that and it is one gene I was glad to have inherited.

Thanks for inspiring me and everyone who reads Burlap Luxe, your beautiful blog.

My first blog anniversary is coming up this month. Thanks for hanging in there with me and being so encouraging and thoughtful!

Be truly blessed now and always!

lynn cockrell said…
It is wonderful hearing from you, Nicole. It gives me joy to know that you enjoyed my post about the Osborne Family Festival of Dancing Lights. It is pretty awesome and it seems the older I get, the more I appreciate how outrageous and wonderful it is. As I said in the post, my pictures do not do it justice.

The beans would be awe-struck, for sure. The Main Street Electrical Parade over at the Magic Kingdom goes on year round, as well, and if you have not seen it, it is wonderful, as well. The musical and lights are phenomenal. We were so busy with other things this year and didn't get to watch it. Also, we contracted a virus and, between the two of us recuperating, we were confined to the room for a day or so.

If you ever visit the Magic Kingdom, post yourself on the corner near the emporium about an hour before parade time. You will see two big wooden gates and they will be putting the ropes up on the street right there. That is where the parade starts--right through those gates. This is the very best spot. It is my favorite parade, ever!

Thanks so much for always reading my little blog and for leaving your thoughtful words of encouragement! I love and appreciate your blog!!

Bless you and your sweet family!
lynn cockrell said…
Hi, Debbie!

Bless you for stopping by! You probably have seen this on TV. It has probably been on the Travel Channel because I know they have done quite a few episodes about Walt Disney World attractions. Our daughter called us the first evening we were there to tell us they had heard than Samantha Brown was visiting while we were down there, but we did not catch sight of her anywhere. I don't know if she was there with the Travel Channel or not, but she has hosted at WDW several times for them over the years.

Can you believe my first year blog anniversary is coming up week after next? The year has gone by very fast, but I am still surprised (and happy) to still be hanging in there!? I credit this, in no small part, to the encouragement, examples and good advice that I have gotten from my wonderful blogging friends.

You, especially, with all your years of experience on your blogs, have been like a little guardian angel and have always been there to uplift and lead, by shining example.

It is good that you can now take a little time for yourself, after all your hard work organizing your church's event. Everything looked so beautiful! It is evident that you put your heart into it.

Thanks again for checking out my little post. It means so very much to me.
Wow. amazing. Truly amazing and beautiful :-)
lynn cockrell said…
Thanks for checking out things over here,Christine. Im hoping your Christmas is a safe and happy one!

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House